Monday, August 24, 2009

"I try to avoid situations that Emphasize my Awkwardness"

I just heard that quote from Wizards of Waverly Place. I think that basically sums up my life. But guess what? Today I overcame my fear of awkward situations and slid down a giant water slide. Approximately four times. If you've just started a job and you have to meet all your new co-workers, I highly recommend going to a potluck picnic/water slide party in order to lessen the awkwardness. There's nothing like looking completely ridiculous, getting sopping wet and screaming at the top of your lungs like a little girl (or my brother David) to make saying "Hi! I'm the new MSW Intern," a little easier to choke out.

Here's a picture of the slide...Monica was trying to get a picture of me sliding down, but apparently my camera wasn't fast enough



Here's one of me sopping wet and standing in front of said slide




On a completely separate note, here's a picture of the tablecloth I finally finished embroidering. It's just over 3ft squared:


And lastly, a pretty bridge from my hike:

3 comments:

Becky said...

Way to embroider--that looks beautiful! And way to scream down water slides as well :)

Jaime said...

you, my friend, are awesome.

--jeff * said...

i support water slide screaming.