Saturday, July 02, 2011

Oh, Ridiculousness, How Should I Describe Thee?


Once upon a time there was a Bekah--an inconspicuous young lady, who moved back to the town of her raising (no, not her birth--that's on the other side of the country) to take care of a little problem. The little problem concerned two properties that her grandfather owned. After he passed away, the family decided to sell the properties. Unfortunately, no one in her family had time to take care of the problem. So Bekah, who was planning on leaving and embarking on a 3+ year adventure to the boondocks of Tallahassee, decided said problem should be taken care of before she immersed herself in a whole other problem that would suck up her time.

Sadly, the more she cared for this problem of properties, the larger and more complicated it became. The whole situation reminded her of the Hydra from Hercules. The more she tried to cut off the head of the problem, the more heads grew out of his monstrous body. And the heads nibbled on Bekah. A little too much.

I've been a little broken for the past few months. I'm knocking on wood and trying not to tempt the Wrath-of-the-Whatever-From-High-Atop-the-Thing, but I think what broke me is almost over. We'll have to see. Maybe one more fast Sunday will do the trick. I'm even starting to let myself believe, again, that I might be able to actually afford to move to Florida, let alone possibly not be completely broken when I start my doctorate. That would be difficult, trying to get a doctorate in social work while being all emotionally/mentally/spiritually mangled.

I'm just glad I'm learning how to put myself back together again. =] I don't mean for this to be a sad entry. It's not. I'm on my way. So CELEBRATE my friends!

2 comments:

Brady said...

I'm glad to hear that you are alive, even if things have been crazy!
I have noticed your blogging absence and was about to send a search party after you :) Good luck!

Brady said...

This is Beck, not Brady (it didn't say Brady when I hit enter...)