Sunday, May 04, 2008

I'm not dead, I'm knitting

Explanation: Every six months or so I feel compelled to buy more knitting supplies, whether it be yarn or needles or a new little book of cute or fun things to knit. This wouldn't be bad if there was something to show for my purchases. Note: These purchases usually occur while accompanying my Mom to Michael's, where she buys similar things; She usually has a much more productive outcome than I do, being blessed with a unique talent in the crocheting department. Unfortunately, nothing ever really comes of my new supplies, aside from being an overstock of yarn in my room beneath my little sewing drawer. UNTIL NOW! That's right folks, I have finally figured out how to PURL! Oh yEaH! Now the scarf that I am making, instead of being your boring everyday scarf, has six neat little rows of sticky uppy braid looking things (kill me, I don't know the terminology, if there is any). From the bottom of my amazing scarf, it looks something like this: VVVVVV I'm gonna be warm and cozy in Logan, styling my braidy scarf, I can tell you right now.

But really, the reason I haven't blogged in approximately 2 1/2 weeks or so is because I was planning a baby shower, trying to find my grandpa's dentures (don't ask!), driving up to Utah, attending my sister's graduation(s), touring BYU campus with my parents, touring Utah State's campus with my parents, buying a comfy t-shirt from Utah State, driving back from Logan to Provo, buying last minute baby stuff for my sister with my Mom, throwing the actual baby shower for said sister, having a family barbeque, driving back from Utah to Cali, recovering from said trip to Utah, catching up on the 1.7 million things at work that could, in all honesty, have been taken care of by some of my co-workers while I was gone, catching up on the things I actually needed to catch up on at work, throwing a Bon Voage party for my Dad, sending my Dad off on the USS Mercy, assisting my Mom in helping establish contact with my Dad, assisting my Mom in not feeling lonesome, Temple, and missionary car wash. This morning I finally found my floor, but now I cannot find my bed. Sad. And this is a faithful narrative of what I have been up to for the past 2 1/2 weeks. We managed to watch all of the extended LOTR movies on the way to and from Utah. It was awesome.

And now, dear friends, I'm off to the fireside. I'll post pictures of the exciting trip and recent events soon.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

and you need pictures of the scarf! How fun and how crafty of you. I need to learn to knit. I think it is one of those things you need to learn before you die or you don't make it to heaven, right? Sounds like you have been busy and having lots of fun.

--jeff * said...

why were you trying to find your grandpa's dentures?