Saturday, September 20, 2008

Etchings of Fall

I kind of wanted to go to the football game this afternoon, but I can hear the thunder out in the distance, rainclouds are steadily approaching, and my homework is calling. I'm not that excited for winter to come, but I am excited that the leaves are starting to change colors. That's one thing you don't really get in San Diego--red and orange leaves. I feel more like cuddling down with a book today than doing anything else. And textbooks don't count. They're not really cuddle-able.

Here's a picture of the storm moving in from my window. It's just starting to sprinkle now.

It's been an exciting day in Logan, that's for sure. There was a marathon that started out at one section of the canyon, went through town, and then ended at the other side of the canyon. I've been doing my CPR recertification all morning, but during our break I went outside to see the runners go by. There was a guy playing the drums, I'm assuming to encourage the runners along. It was pretty fun. I was kind of looking to see if I knew anyone, because I have some crazy friends that for some reason enjoy running (Alicia...Bishop Johnson...) =] but I really didn't expect to see them during my half hour break.

As for me, things are going pretty well. I almost had a nervous breakdown (or a "come apart" as my co-workers say) Monday/Tuesday this last week, because apparently I'm not taking a class that I was supposed to take--but it's one I've already taken, so my adviser and I got everything ironed out. So life will, indeed, go on. Other than that, it's been school, school, internship, more school, my part-time job (yep, as a janitor. I'm not ashamed. I actually really enjoy it.) and then some more school. Somewhere in there I also go to institute and church and the temple and such.

1 comment:

Darryl said...

interesting color choice for the blog. I s'pose it coincides well with your mention of leaves changing colors. I remember being in Illinois on the cusp of changing seasons. It made me nostalgic for all of the idyllic scenes of newly felled leaves dusting the ground. Anyways, I wish I had more to say on my own blog, without feeling silly about all of it. Study hard! Play harder!!! :)