Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Detox


Can you detox from Graduate School? If you do, do you forget everything you learned in the past 8 months? Because if I do, that would be a huge waste of a couple thousand dollars and some precious months of my life that could've been spent doing something else, like improving my butterfly collection. Or starting one.

Well, I did it. I finally finished moving in today. Yea for members of the Relief Society Presidency that have big trucks they are willing to lend out to unfortunate mini-car people like me that need to move a lot of junk. I still have boxes in the middle of my room, but I'm confident they will disappear of their own volition in the next few days.

I've been spending the past few weeks alternating between being very productive indeed, and being extremely lazy and somewhat flighty (though some would argue that I am flighty on a much more consistent basis than "somewhat" would imply).

Productive Things Done:
Painted a room green
Bought trimming for the bathroom
Moved
Budgeted and Set up Summer Schedule
Visited Friends
Took nephew to the Zoo (adorable!!)

Extremely Lazy Things "Done":
Gone to the Beach (x3)
Gone to the Pool (x1)
Caught up on TV shows

Walking the Line:
Read "Leven Thumps"
Read "Fairest"
Reading "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH"
Continued embroidery project--which looks amazing, I might add.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i love you bekah. what beach? i was like, did she go back to cali? but then i remember you saying you were staying in logan... is logan hording a beach that they've never let on about!? those jerks...

--jeff * said...

i, too, have a similar question about the logan-beach theory.

but my main question is, how is "leven thumps"?

good luck on your butterfly collection. : )