Monday, January 28, 2008

Finding your inner child

Today during the art therapy group that I was running we ended up talking about finding our inner child. A lot of the young adults that I work with have led pretty crappy lives. They had no real childhood to speak of. And while some of their chalk pictures were the normal dark/weird images, most of them were actually very happy. So we talked about childhood and how important it is, and how they might be able to find the childhood that they never really had while still becoming a grown up. It was probably one of the most productive sessions I've had with them.

I blow bubbles. I keep a little bottle hidden in my room. I blow them all over my room and watch as they float to the ground, getting my carpet wet. They make me smile every time. Sometimes I dance in them. It's fun.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

They have a good example in you in finding their inner child. I love the bubbles. I love that about you! Love ya!