Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sometimes People Make Decisions...

...And I haven't had to make that many for quite a while now. So I suppose accepting Utah State University's offer of admission into their graduate program is an exciting decision to make. I'm a little nervous, but not doubtful that this is right. I'll be starting the Master of Social Work program at the end of August. WHEW!!! It does feel good to finally commit myself to something like this.

I hear it's pretty cold in Logan, Utah. I suppose I'll finally have to buy Alvin that warming lamp that I've been meaning to get him. My Mom told me something kind of cool. I guess she and my Dad were talking about my decision to go, and he realized that out of all four of my grandparents only one of them went to college. My Grandpa Nelson attended USU for two years. Dad said he never did finish. So I guess this one's for you, Grandpa. I didn't know that when I followed my whim of applying at USU. Maybe sometimes whims aren't really whims after all.

8 comments:

Jack said...

Hooray and Congrats! That is quite the decision. I wish you the best of luck in that cold land of Logan. We were sad we didn't get to see you when you visited last. Maybe we'll get to see you when you move here.

Natalie said...

Way to go! It'll be fun to have you closer again, though I might not visit you in the winter if you're in Logan. You can come down here where it is warm :)

Alicia said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I have thought about grad school- maybe someday. You will be closer so maybe I will get to see you sometime.

Heather said...

Woohoo! You'll be in Utah again!

-Your old library friend, Heather

~Bekahjo said...

Thanks, guys. I'm going to be an icicle for two years. But I guess if I get a master's degree out of it, it'll be worth it. =]

--jeff * said...

well, i was going to cheer that you'll be coming back to utah, but many people have already beat me to it.
just tonight i was saying how i've always wanted to go to the logan temple--now i've got one more reason to head up there.

oh boy.

Darren and Kim said...

Wow,I can't wait to have you back in Utah. We will have to get together when you are visiting Salt Lake.

Susie said...

Congrats! Everyone I know that has gone to USU loved it. Like, they wanted to marry it. So way to be!