Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth


My brothers and I left on Wednesday night to come up to Utah and visit my sister and our brand new nephew. We stayed at Planet Hollywood in Vegas on Wednesday night. We didn't get in until 1:30am, so we didn't really have a chance to play around, but it was still quite fun. Inside their building there is a small area that "rains." Basically there is a sprinkler system up in the ceiling, and the water drips down into a little pool. Neat concept. We then drove the rest of the way up to Woodland Hills on Thursday. I've spent most of my time after that either chauffeuring people around or holding my adorable little nephew.

Fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday. What could be better than a summer day entirely devoted to family, barbeque's, picnics, fireworks, making flag cakes, and even the occasional swimming trip? I just can't think of anything that really tops it. Here is the traditional flag cake. My mom made one when we were little, and I've always enjoyed making it every year since. And no, this year I did not count out the blueberries to make sure there were fifty; nor did I make sure to put 13 rows of red and white. It still turned out just fine. It's pretty great.

1 comment:

Darryl said...

Isn't it awesome to hold a nephew!?! :D