Friday, December 14, 2007

All I want for Christmas is four new tires...


I got a flat tire yesterday morning on the way to work. I debated driving the 40 yards or so on said flat tire to get to the gas station near where I work. Then I decided that would probably destroy my car, so I didn’t do it. I changed the tire, with a little bit of help from a friendly truck driver who was concerned that I didn’t know how to do it (Thanks Jaime!) and put the toy tire on. The toy tire was, unfortunately, rather flat as well, but it got me to the office. I sort of justified driving back down to the gas station by telling myself that my dad had once told me that toy tires are made stronger than regular ones. I might have been making that up in my mind, but oh well. Whatever the case, I made it down the hill to said gas station without blowing up my car, where several people tried to signal to me that the toy tire was flat. Mind you, this was as I was pulling over to the little air station. I waved a smiling “thanks, I know” to them. When I finally made it to the Discount Tire I was ready to hand them the car for forever and take the bus home. Unfortunately, it only took them 40 minutes to get me 4 new tires. Alright, I guess I’ll take the car back.

I suppose it was lucky I didn’t give the car up completely. I ended up having to stop back by the office to do a little re-con work for my friend/co-worker, Crystal. A successful venture, I might add. Maybe I should join the secret service or something.

No comments: