Sunday, August 10, 2008

Because, why not?


Celebrating the year 2059, for the endless possibilities that it holds.

I made tortillas from scratch today. They ended up being amazing, though they were a little chubby and Dave said he thought they needed more salt. I was on a cooking spree, and made a yellow cake with crushed pineapple mixed in. When it had cooled I put cream cheese icing on it, and when it was time to eat it I decided we needed to celebrate something. So I pulled out all the number candles we had and decided that we should celebrate the year 2059. Then we sang a rousing chorus of I'm a Little Teapot (with the motions, of course) and blew out the candles together.

All in all, it was a very productive Sunday.
And my talk went very well, thank you.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh man Bekah, you crack me up!

Good luck with your move. I hope I get to see you sometime!

Darryl said...

I think a celebration of 2509 would have been more fitting. :P You won't believe the things that'll be happening that year! :D

Emryn said...

Well, I can say there is always something to celebrate. Thanks for the idea!

--jeff * said...

my 60th birthday-- how thoughtful.