Saturday, August 09, 2008

Maybe I should start packing...

I've been pretty much vague about my packing efforts. I stole some boxes from our recent move at work, and purchased 5 more from the u-haul store this morning. Can anyone tell me why the u-haul store doesn't have parking? They have a huge lot for their vans and trucks and such, but not a single "I'm just coming to buy tape and a few boxes from you guys" parking spot. You have to park on the street, then walk up their drive-way and through their huge parking lot that you can't park in to finally get to the store. Then you have to haul your stuff back through the lot and down the hill to get to your car. I guess that's why they call it u-haul. They just want to make sure that you remember their name.

Anyhow, like I said, that has been my biggest efforts towards preparing to move up to Logan. We're scheduled to leave on Thursday. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to throw everything into boxes by then. I'm also on the lookout for inexpensive vacuum bags. You know, the kind you put your blankets in and then you suck all the air out with a vacuum cleaner, and the bag is then about 1" thick? I realize that will make my blankets and sheets and such all wrinkley, but I'm willing to deal with the consequences. So if anyone knows a good place to get them, let me know.

I also got a couple of DVD/CD cases so that I won't have to lug all of my DVD/CD covers up to Logan. I figure it will save space in my room if I put them all in the cases. I almost started taking the DVD's out of their covers to put in their case today, but for some reason felt that I would appear unfriendly and they would feel unwanted if I did it today, so I put it off. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's what was going through my mind at the time.

I went to a bridal shower this morning, and a going away dinner tonight. The dinner wasn't for me (neither was the bridal shower, haha) though a lot of my friends that were at the going away dinner for my friend Crystal also wished me well. Crystal and Brandi gave me a piggy bank painted with ocean scenes, which is always a pleasing present. Crystal painted it at this great little do-it-yourself ceramic painting shop that we've gone to together before. She did an amazing job.

It will go great in my room. I discovered today (thanks to my Mom's Saturday afternoon love of HGTV) that my design style is Ethnic Eclectic. Basically what that boils down to is that I like a lot of random things, and I try hard to tie them all in together. It suggested that I use nature-type designs to do so. If you want to take the design style quiz, here is a link. It's under "Discover Your Signature Look."

The end. I have to go to bed now. I'm speaking in sacrament meeting tomorrow, so I have to get up early to practice giving my talk. I am resisting staying up much too late reading Deathly Hallows; however, I fear I might give in. Love you, goodnight.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

Are you sure you want to go to Utah? :P I'm just kidding. Good luck on your talk today! I'm sure it'll be great. As for Deathly Hallows, did you hear that the movie is going to be split into two parts? And of course, the sixth movie will be in theaters in November! I'm so excited about that. For some reason, I thought the sixth movie wouldn't be around until next year. Finally, if there's anything I can do to help (I think it's a requirement that EQ members know how to move things), let me know!

Darren and Kim said...

Ok so now that you are going to be in Utah, you have to call me so we can go to lunch when you are in Salt Lake.